Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oh no she didn't - mission statement


Yes she did. Start a blog that is. Not sure if I'm going to show this to anyone. Depends on what kind of crazy content it includes, I suppose. Part of the reason I thought this was a good idea, is because memories are stored online now. No more ordering photo prints and filing them in an album. It's cleaner, more convenient, and you can spellcheck. I've kept a journal since 7th grade, though most of it is complaining in my messy handwriting. Maybe it's because I've passed that seminal quarter century mark, but I'm all about self improvement these days.

The name, you might ask? Well, SARS is my nickname, cuz my loving is infectious. Most of my life is lived in my head, so I'm trying to turn my inner critic outwards. Keep it simple - write sentences that learn me stuff. Why is a movie, book, idea, news headline great or shitty? Who knows, but I'm going to get some practice learning how to review. Because I'm feeling some early Altzeimer's from not discussing half of what I read or watch.

If funny happens, grand. Mostly I want to develop ideas that interest me, and see where they go. Expect to see stuff related to:
book & movie reviews
notable NYC highlights
awkward pictures of people on the subway (if I can get away with taking it unnoticed)
tech news
and obviously a steady stream of goofy blog links, youtube videos, and other delightful online vices.

Also, this gives me the option to power down. If someone asks me a question on a day when I'm not in a talkative mood, I'll just roll my eyes, and mouth the words, read my blog. Because that sounds fun and creepy. Yes, things that are fun and creepy will also be part of this project. Executive decision.

Awkward moments
Lines I lift from my favorite comedians
That's what she said jokes
Really weird, enjoyable websites will also get a well deserved spotlight.

This might turn out to be an unwanted gauge of my unproductiveness - who wants to guess the ratio of pracatical stuff to crap that just makes me laugh? I'll show you all, I can do both...I think.

Later skaters.

1 comment:

jon said...

Sars is going all Jerry Maguire on us with her mission statement. One hell of a mission statement it is. This skater is hooked.